Summer Greetings,
It has been awhile since I have updated my blog, so I thought I would take a minute and fill you in on what has been happening lately. As with everybody, our lives have been impacted by the the crazy times of Covid. I still find myself wondering what this fall will look like, but I know that God has a plan. Since I haven't written anything since February, I'll start from that "era."
I finished out my teaching career....online. It was not the way I envisioned it happening nor the way I wanted to end the year, but we all know that God's plan and timing are often different than our own. During the spring leading into the summer I was going to be raising my support with hopes of starting full time this summer. Because of COVID-19, we have been delayed a bit. This summer, I have been meeting with amazing people asking for support in three ways: prayer, financial support, and referrals. We have some awesome prayer warriors on our team who are constantly praying for my family, praying for the kids I will be working with in Timber Bay, and praying for my financial support to come in. We have some amazing team members who are able to give financially to my ministry as well. Ideally, I need to be 100% funded before I can start meeting with kids, but I might be sneaking in a bit this fall. I'm currently 35% funded...not quite where I wanted to be at this time. It sounds daunting to raise this much support, and it is. At the same time, I feel confident in how God is calling me to work with these kids and that he will provide for me and my families needs.
God has showed our family over and over how He provides in ways that aren't always expected. In the beginning of the summer we found out that Ruby and Stella's preschool teachers were taking a new position. While we were excited for them, we were also so sad to lose our girls' first teachers. A few days later the director came to Anne and asked her if she would be open to teaching at Noah's Ark. It took about a month of prayer and Anne eventually said yes. She will get to be Stella's teacher three days a week, and then teach 3 and 4 year olds the other two days of the week. I will be able to stay home during the days with Millie while Ruby (Lord willing) attends Kindergarten. This has been an amazing and unexpected way that God has provided for our family. Anne is very excited to get back to teaching and show God's love to some of the youngest learners.
What now? I'm continuing to meet with ministry partners while spending as much time with my family as I can. How can you help? Prayer!!! Pray for financial support, for the kids I'll be working with, for my family, and for God to work through me as I work with these kids. Also, if I haven't met or you don't know what Timber Bay is all about, I would love the chance to tell you about this awesome ministry. Please reach out to either myself or Anne. My email is benharvey@timberbay.org or Anne's is anne.harvey7@gmail.com. If we have talked, and you know of someone else who might want to hear about Timber Bay and how God will be working in the lives of hurting youth, please let me know that too.
Again, praying all is well with you as you are reading this! I will be updating more frequently (probably every week) as we start the school year this fall! (By the way...is anybody else excited for fall?? I AM!!!!)
In Christ,
Ben

No comments:
Post a Comment