Once again, I haven't updated the blog in a LONG time. I will now be updating on a weekly basis thanks to an accountability partner. The idea of sharing a little about what's been going on each week seems easy enough...it will take me 20 minutes to put up a post, but even this can prove challenging. By asking someone to help hold me accountable, I know that I can share a weekly snippet of what God is doing with the kids in Timber Bay. Just like my accountability partner is helping me with this task, I hope to support the kids I work with in a similar way. We often have kids who have addictions, struggle with school, have hard times dealing with anger or their family, and being someone who can help keep them accountable is part of what I do. Starting now, you'll be able to check back every week to see what's happening in the lives of these kids in Buffalo. Thank you for your prayers and support!
Below are a few of the things we've been up to this summer:
Leah and I took a couple kids tent camping in the Badlands/Black Hills. This trip is for juniors/seniors, and we have a small group of them this year. The benefit of having only two people is that I was able to spend each night talking with "A" one on one.
During the summer, our large group gatherings are done at Beebe Lake. I spent two hours talking with "Z" and "D" as we played with this jumping spider, cut open acorns to look for worms, and kept an eye on others who were swimming.
A couple of my friends and I have a total of 4 bee hives at their house. I've taken two kids to do hive inspections. It's a great way to bring up how amazing God is when we are able to see something like a bee hive, and then talk about the crazy biology behind what the bees do.
I took "S" to Hooked on Classics in Watertown, MN. We spent an hour and a half walking around talking about the various cars. Of all the classics in the building, he chose the 1981 Nissan 280ZX as his favorite...I couldn't believe it!
No comments:
Post a Comment